Monday, May 21, 2018

Prairie Thistle


Hello Everyone! Welcome back to the Cropstop blog! Today I'm sharing a card that features a layered die cut image (Prairie Thistle) and a fun way to use your embossing spacers. I've had a lot of fun experimenting with different mixed media products this month, and this card features a few of those as well.

To create my card I:


Next I:
  • removed the panel and used a Sharpie marker and created faux stitching lines around the inside of the oval 
  • die cut the flowers using the Prairie Thistle Die from Memory Box - Poppy Stamps  
    • I  cut three from white card stock and one from purple
      • I layered the three white one on top of the other and added the purple underneath leaving the petals intact
      • the petals were painted with diluted Seedless Preserved Distress Oxide (Ranger)
  • die cut two sentiments from phrase one Spellbinders dies - layering one on the other for extra thickness
  • last of all I added some pearl centers to my stars using White Opal Liquid Pearls
 The photo below shows the shimmer that the Inka Gold adds to the card.


 Now it's your turn....stop by our CURRENT LINK PARTY and showoff any projects that include a few products from companies Cropstop carries in the store! I'll look forward to seeing your work appear in the gallery!

1 comment:

Becca Yahrling said...

This is so pretty! Love the color. And the little
details like the faux stitching and the 'pearls' in
the center of the flowers.
I'll 'see' you in a couple weeks - we are heading out
to Seattle and Alaska (cruise) in a couple hours. Yay!